[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy - MythWeb

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 23:31:02 UTC 2007

"Read the INSTALL file, or actually did what it said?"

Both, Ubuntu seems a bit different in setup than what I used to in Fedora...

I created a directory /var/www/mythweb as opposed to 'apache2-default'
copied the directory /mythplugins/mythweb into the new directory, gave
it 775 permissions on it and the /doc folder.

Ran chown www-data /var/www/mythweb and /var/www/mthweb/doc, did a mv
mythweb.conf.apache /etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf after modifying
the <DIrectory tag>

Error message:

The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.1.111 is taking too long to respond.

    *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try
again in a few
          moments.

    *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

    *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or
proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.