[mythtv-users] .18 to latest update

Todd Houle thoulemythtv at gleffsecurity.com
Tue Feb 6 21:26:30 UTC 2007

I've got an .18 install of Myth setup about a year and a half ago
which has been working great.  It's running Fedora setup with
Jarrod's guide.   I've got it running in the living room with 3
remote additional frontends.  The problem is my wife won't let me
mess with it anymore as she doesn't want it busted...   It's running
on a Dell GX 170  (512MB Ram).  It has a PVR350 and PVR500 on NTSC.
What are the risks in updating to a later version?  Any recommended
method so as to lessen the chance I'll kill it?  I'm tempted to setup
a second box and move the Hauppauge cards over later, but don't have
enough spare large disks around...  The box has not been touched
except for a few themes installed.
  thanks in advance
        Todd