[mythtv-users] Why mythconverg database never refreshes with "mysql -u root -p < mc.sql"

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Tue Feb 6 21:12:13 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 06/02/07, Larry Jones <larry at foxgulch.com> wrote:
>
>> This note applies to the Fedora-Jarod Wilson build of MythTV.  I'm not
>> certain if it would apply to any of the others.
>
> The script posted at the top of the thread is the standard MythTV
> mc.sql script. You can always see what's in the SVN version here:
>
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/database/mc.sql
>
> The fact it doesn't automatically delete an existing mythconverg
> database is probably to stop less clueful users breaking their systems
> inadvertently.
>
> Maybe a separate remove-mythtv-db.sql script would be useful?

I'd rather write a wrapper to the existing script

mysql -uroot -psomepassword -e "use mythconverg"
MYRET=$?
if [ $? -ne "0" ]
	then mysql -uroot -psomepassword  < mc.sql
else "Warning: unable to run setup script, perhaps the mythconverg
datbase already exists?" ; exit 1
fi

--
David Campbell :: www.cpfc.org