[mythtv-users] NAS RAID 5 for MythTv

Tony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 16:41:04 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Jeffery Swan <scientist at engineer.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know... can I use LVM over multiple NAS so that it all looks like a big /multimedia drive? I'll have to do some more experimenting when I get
> another NAS up and running.

You'll want to read about the network/block-device drivers like NBD, GNBD,
iSCSI and ATA over ethernet.  These make a daemon running on another machine
appear to be a block device on the local machine.  These block devices can
be joined together with the software RAID or LVM systems to make a larger
device you can put a filesystem on.

-- Tony