[mythtv-users] mythtv hardware plans

Brian Steele steele.brian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 16:20:36 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is about as close as I can get, this is for a combined fe/be,
> with the added bonus that the motherboard would make a great
> standalone frontend if you decide to build a dedicated backend (but
> your really wouldn't need to).
>
> Aver A180 HDTV tuner $80 (buy.com)
>      - Can double with NTSC tuning if desired, though it will use CPU time
> PVR-150 $55 (newegg)
> ABIT NF-M2 nView Socket AM2 $95 (newegg)
>     - Nvidia 6150 builtin with DVI output, with optical SPDIF and
> analog output depending on what you need.
> CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 $80 (newegg)
> AMD AthlonX2 3800+ $135 (newegg)
>      - Minimum recommended for an HD capable combo system
> SILVERSTONE LASCALA SST-LC11S-M $190 (newegg)
>      - VFD  and IR built in, plus it looks nice and should be relatively quiet.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the motherboard you are
looking at won't work with the LC-11 case.  The case requires the PCI
slots to be right next to the PCI-Express slot and they aren't on the
NF-M2.  There is a PCI-Express x1 slot in between.  I know this
because I already have a LC-11 case and I would really like to replace
my dying motherboard with the NF-M2...

Of course, if you don't need to use any of the PCI slots, you would be fine.