[mythtv-users] [Mythtv-Users} Mythmail Dead? anyone confirm deny....

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Tue Feb 6 13:37:50 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 07:13, Chris Henderson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the wife has told me she would love to be able to read her emails on the
> 42" Plasma using the mythbox.
> Or can anybody suggest another way to achieve the wife's wants, so i can
> get more hardware!!!!!!!

I've not yet tried to use it, but isn't there a MythWeb plugin as part of the
standard plugin package? If so, and if it's a reasonably "generic" browser,
you could use that in conjunction with a Web mail server to do the job.

Another option would be to drop out of mythfrontend and run any regular Linux
e-mail client. You could exit from mythfrontend, run an X-based mail client
on a second X session on VT8, or use a text-mode mail client on VT1. You'd
almost certainly need a real keyboard, not just a remote, to do any of these
things, though.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com