[mythtv-users] RAW support in MythGallery

Mark Chang mark.chang at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 13:21:15 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Thomas Egrelius <egge at egge.se> wrote:
> Ah. This is something I have wanted for quite some time too. Feels a bit
> stupid to export all RAW files to jpg only to be able to see them in
> MythGallery :-) Other things I'd love to see in MythGallery is proper EXIF
> parsing that includes shootdate and other settings of interest to be
> viewed with the 'i' key.

Agreed. However, the RAW support is what I need the most. I just wrote
a quick script to convert all RAW files to jpgs last night, so I can
get by browsing pictures on the TV now, but true RAW support might be
nice.

AFAIK, I haven't seen any RAW support libraries. There is only the
dcraw program which is not a library. It is pretty lightweight,
however, RAW decoding with appropriate camera white balancing is not a
totally CPU-lightweight task. I assume browsing full-resolution 10MP
shots in RAW would be a bit sluggish.

--
Mark L. Chang