[mythtv-users] pdflush is killing me

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Feb 6 04:36:20 UTC 2007

On Feb 5, 2007, at 9:05 PM, Steve Hodge wrote:

> On 2/6/07, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> I wondered why you were using XFS. If it's the long erase time
> problem JFS will help that, as will the "slow erases" in Myth 0.20.
>
> Is there any reason not to use xfs? I've been using it without any
> issues - should I be considering switching to something else?

I really don't know too much about it. There were some complaints
about it a while back but I think they were mostly problems when the
filesystem started to get full, which you say you know about. Check
the list archives if you want to look into that.

I've read that the "conventional wisdom" is to use JFS but that was a
magazine article that had some other questionable stuff in it so I'd
investigate myself. The main thing was, I think, that JFS could
delete large files quickly, less important now with the slow erases.