[mythtv-users] Both cards are in use"

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Feb 5 21:52:57 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 01/02/07, Edward <edward at digiphreak.com> wrote:
>> I have a pvr-500 and I can't watch or record, due to both cards are in use
>> when I try to veiw.  Thi sis my second time setting up a mythtv box and in
>> this case everythign looks ok.  I have the data from the zap2it and also I
>> can scan for chanels and they appear to get all of them and even not get
>> chanels from my cable provider that do not have data on them.
>
> What is the status of the two tuners in 'System Status' in the
> Information Centre?
>
> What erros do you see in the backlend log when you try to watch LiveTV
> or a recording is due to start?

Let's back up a little. Does the ivtv portion of dmesg report that the
card is being recognized properly at /dev/video0 and /dev/video1?

Are the two cards set up in the Capture Cards section of mythtv-setup,
at /dev/video0 and /dev/video1?

Are the inputs properly selected in the Input section? You should be
using Tuner for each card, and both cards associated with your zap2it
account.

I suspect that you have both tuners associated with /dev/video0..
Geoff