[mythtv-users] New install and my problmes.

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Mon Feb 5 11:10:28 UTC 2007

>> mythbackend
>> mythfrontend
>> can't find backend
>>

> have a look at the mysql.txt file in .mythtv/ in the above user's home
> directory.  It should contain the IP addresss of the backend.  If
> you've been fiddling around maybe it's no longer correct.

I've learned loads this weekend. Got schedule information working now.
The control over recordings looks great! Not been able to test it out
yet, but lovely system! Got everything working well apart from telling
me that my tuner was already in use when I tried to watch live tv. I've
had that before, but don't remember what it was.
Things were starting to look good, so I decided to put all of the
'192.168.0.2' entries back to '127.0.0.1' as other advice has been to
leave that alone until you add extra machines. My efforts to do that
have left me in an odd place where I can't even get mythtv-setup to run,
but I'll get back to it later and work it out. Feeling much more
confident with it now.

So, I'll close this thread of desperation to the point of mis-spelt
heading and move on to pastures of Myth-new.

If anyone could list all of the places where either '192.168.0.2' or
'127.0.0.1' should be, and tell me why one should be better than the
other, then I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll see you in another thread.

Thanks for all the help
Damian