[mythtv-users] HDTV memory usage?

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 03:45:01 UTC 2007

Yeah, I guess I didn't really realize that just because 1080i mpeg
files are about the same size as 720p, running a 1080i resolution has
all the same overhead of running 1080p and only gets interlaced when
it's sent to the display.  At least I know I'll be ready for the day I
can afford a 1080p display!  I'm still not totally sure what was
causing me to fill up all 768 mb of swap too, it seemed like it must
have been some kind of QT-related loop.  Anyway, I ordered another gig
of RAM :)