[mythtv-users] PVR500 Composite In Picture Quality

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Feb 5 02:51:34 UTC 2007

On Feb 4, 2007, at 7:37 PM, Stroller wrote:

> On 4 Feb 2007, at 18:48, Jeffrey Born wrote:
>> I've got some home videos that I'm trying to archive off into
>> mythtv, but the input quality is just rotten.  I've been playing
>> with different cables, and even took the entire contraption over to
>> the TV to verify it wasn't on the video tape or video out/cables
>> I'm using.
>
> Have you read Brian Wood's "Video Noise and VHS-to-DVD conversion, or
> Why does my transfer look like crap?" posting from (exactly) a month
> ago?
>
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-January/163345.html

I thought of pointing him there but it sounds like he has thought of
a lot of those issues.

I think we need to know more, like is it OK in between "glitches", if
it is then he has a problem in the "digital domain", which I haven't
got to yet.

In any case I suspect it is not a Myth problem but either an IVTV
problem or "computer troubles".