[mythtv-users] Surround Sound AS3/DTS out SPDIF

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Sun Feb 4 23:30:36 UTC 2007

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:32:24 -0500, Josh wrote:
> As anyone that's been reading the list recently knows, I have a
> Revolution 7.1 that I can get everything to work with except for AC3 or
> DTS pass through... it just doesn't work for me on Fedora Core 6 (or
> Fedora Core 5). I have all but given up on this card and want to buy one
> that I know will work.
>
> Can people that have AC3 and/or DTS pass through working over S/PDIF
> (Coax or Optical) please let me know what distro and sound card your using?

Creative Labs USB SoundBlaster Live! 24-Bit External Sound Card

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-SoundBlaster-24-Bit-External/dp/B00030099O/sr=8-1/qid=1170631606/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-6760262-2219835?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Works very well for AC3 and DTS, both of which I use (I added DTS
support to myth). No special magic required. Pretty good sound quality
out the analogue too.

I've used it with Fedora 2 through to 6 so far.

Comes with a nice little remote too, which you can use with a regular
IR-receiver as a pocket sized myth remote.

Cheers,

Martin.