[mythtv-users] mpeg2video errors w/ transcode and comm flag

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Feb 4 22:14:41 UTC 2007

On Feb 4, 2007, at 2:53 PM, Seth Hettich wrote:

> My logs have constant streams of :
>
> [...]
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]ac-tex damaged at 5 27
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb72dca68]ac-tex damaged at 16 15
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]00 motion_type at 28 23
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]ac-tex damaged at 3 26
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]invalid cbp at 28 8
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb72dca68]invalid cbp at 24 29
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]ac-tex damaged at 16 11
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]slice mismatch
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]00 motion_type at 11 29
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]ac-tex damaged at 1 27
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]00 motion_type at 29 29
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]ac-tex damaged at 13 27
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb72dca68]ac-tex damaged at 20 29
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]ac-tex damaged at 5 18
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb727da68]ac-tex damaged at 3 28
> [...]
>
> whenever commercial flagging or transcoding is going on.  Is that
> normal?  Could this be the source of periodic mpeg artifacts I get in
> my shows (part of the screen flashing to white or black squares for a
> second or two).
>

> [I record w/ a PVR-150 on an ubuntu system...]

We'd need more info on your system to make a better guess, but it
looks like you are hitting the wall on some resource. What CPU/RAM do
you have?

Try reducing the priority (niceness) of your commflagg/transcode
jobs. Also look at your CPU load when this is happening. Does it only
happen when you are watching a recording? Are you hitting swap?

Might also check PCI latency, especially if you have a VIA chipset mobo.