[mythtv-users] How to prevent learning remote from repeating signal?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 23:05:51 UTC 2007

On 04/02/07, Henry S. Greenside <hsg at phy.duke.edu> wrote:

> I purchased an inexpensive Sejin wireless IR keyboard
> (from pacificgeek.com) that plugs into the PS/2 port,
> and taught a Sony RM-VL600 remote to send the basic
> commands so didn't have to bother with LIRC. I am
> running MythTV 0.20-15 on a Fedora Core 6 system with
> KDE.
>
> All of the remote commands work well except when the
> remote transmits the "Escape" key (mapped to the Exit
> button on the remote), the remote then evidently
> transmits several repetitions of Escape and so mythtv
> then jumps up to the highest menu level, asking if you
> want to exit or not from the frontend. Not fatal but a
> nuisance.
>
> Would anyone know how to tell FC6/KDE to ignore rapid
> repetitions of some character?

Well if your keyboard is using a /dev/input/eventx device then you can
run lirc on the back of it, to control the repeat rate, which I think
would give you what you want.

eg.

# /usr/local/sbin/lircd -d /dev/input/event1 /etc/lircd.conf

Not sure if this would be a sane solution for you - it took me about a
week to work out the keycodes to put into lircd.conf, but I was trying
to configure a Universal remote as well, and I didn't know what I was
doing!