[mythtv-users] Database issues

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 22:47:46 UTC 2007

Hi.

I installed MythTV 0.20 on Ubuntu 6.06 from the Ubuntu repositories.
I have some database issues, because I'm getting a lot of "Unable to connect
to database!" errors when I try to start mythtv-setup and mythbackend.
I'm setting up a network backend, and I wish MySQL to bind the ethernet IP
address too (192.168.1.100), not only the localhost IP, so I setted up
"bind-address = 192.168.1.100" in MySQL's my.cnf, but now MySQL doesn't bind
the localhost address, so I have to tell MythTV to use 192.168.1.100 as
MySQL address.
I setted up "DBHostName=192.168.1.100" in /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt, but I
didn't solve the problem.
If I setup MySQL to bind the localhost address it works well.

Could you help me to solve this problem, please?

Thank you very much!
Have a nice day...
Shacky.