[mythtv-users] Can't schedule recordings

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sun Feb 4 12:52:42 UTC 2007

On 4 Feb 2007, at 10:39, Dave M G wrote:
> Am I correct in guessing the fact that it says "Access denied for user
> 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" means that it is
> connecting
> to the database, but then failing on username and password.

I would think that's a safe assumption.

> I mean, it's
> not that it's not finding the database or trying to connect to the
> wrong
> server location or something?

I'm a MythTV n00b, and can't answer this definitively, but I figure
that you may prefer a "most likely right" answer to waiting several
hours over your debugging.

My experience of Linux & Unix software suggests that you would expect
error messages such as "unable to find database $name" or "unable to
connect to server" in these circumstances.

Stroller.