[mythtv-users] PCI Graphics card and HDTV

Matt Jordan thehappyfunball at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 03:32:56 UTC 2007

> That and the PCI bus does not have the bandwidth required for HDTV
> without XvMC (which lowers the amount of data being sent to the card).

Ahh, okay.  So I can get away with a slower processor as long as there
is adequate bandwidth to the GPU (i.e. AGP 4x/8x)?

I have been using MythTV for over a year with SD but am just now
preparing for the leap to HDTV and I really appreciate the help!

Will NAS storage be sufficient still for a backend dealing with HDTV?

Thanks!

Matt