[mythtv-users] mythtv hardware plans

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 21:17:49 UTC 2007

I've got plenty of time, no hurry. Good advice from everyone so far, Thanks.
The pcHDTV cards are designed specifically for Linux (and not
windoze), which makes me smile, so the extra bucks are worth it to me.
AFAICT, the 5500 will work for HD and SD channels, so no need for a
separate analog only tuner.

I have an APC UPS on my TV right now, and have another standing by for
the myth box. Definitely a good investment. Also, I have a few
"small", <100G IDE drives i can use for the OS, so I will plan on
that.
-J