[mythtv-users] what's the current favorite mini-{i, a}tx for hdtv out (vga or DVI)

MythTV mythtv at taoyama.com
Fri Feb 2 23:08:13 UTC 2007

I would also recommend a MacMini running OSX. It is quiet, goes to
sleep when there is no activity but can be woken up using the remote.
The 1.66GHz Core Duo can definitely handle HDTV output.  The only
caveats are:

It cannot keep up if I use my Apple 23" LCD or set the output to
1920x1080 connected to my TV.  It works great when the output is set
to 720p.  I think this might be a memory bandwidth problem with the
shared memory for video.  (1920x1080 is a lot of pixels) Using a
1.83GHz Core Duo didn't seem to help.

The remote works great but six buttons can be limiting.  I find I
need to keep the remote for the TV nearby to deal with volume control.

Mino