[mythtv-users] FM Radio integration into Myth

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Fri Feb 2 20:52:13 UTC 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 06:31, David Schmidt wrote:
> On 1/26/07, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
> > I have a PVR-500 card, with an FM tuner. I know Myth doesn't yet have a
> > module for radio. So what do people do to include FM Radio into their
> > media world?
>
> I've not tried it, but there is a non-official MythFM.  I'd try Googling
> it....

It seems to have died... the link to the plugin home website is dead.

I found references to ivtv-radio, which I have, but running (Fedora Core 5)
gives me:

[791] recordings $ ivtv-radio -f 94.9
set to freq 94.90
Running: aplay -f dat < /dev/video24
ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:1629:(snd_pcm_direct_parse_open_conf) Unknown field
ipc_sem
aplay: main:547: audio open error: Invalid argument
Cleaning up

so right now I'm close - it appears to work for others.