[mythtv-users] ending time wrong on 'recovered' recordings

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Feb 2 17:28:11 UTC 2007

On 2 Feb 2007, at 15:22, Yeechang Lee wrote:

> Kirby Bakken <kirby at magnaspeed.net> says:
>> Well, now I've got the mythfrontend displaying all the recordings,
>> and I can play them, but the 'end' seek times are all wrong....  New
>> recordings are 30 min, or 60 minutes (or close to that), but the
>> 'recovered' recordings are 4:30 (4 minutes 30 seconds), and similar
>> numbers.
>
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/183846#183846>

In that link you ask:
       * 'mythtranscode --mpeg2 --infile xyz.nuv --buildindex --
showprogress'
       does, indeed, properly rebuild the seek table... it'll be a major
       pain to run each and every one of my recordings thorugh it.
       (Anyone with some script-fu want to whip up a shell script I can
       feed a whole bunch of file names into to at least partially
       automate this task?

I appreciate this is no longer a current need for you, but I'd
imagine `for foo in *.nuv ; do mythtranscode --mpeg2 --infile $foo --
buildindex --showprogress ; done` would do the trick.

Stroller.