[mythtv-users] Is there a simple way to delete MythTV and mysql

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Fri Feb 2 12:57:09 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I have no ideas left for how to put my system right. Nothing I do is
making it any better and I guess it's not simple because I'm not getting
any quick responses on here. I guess the best thing to do is to try and
start again. Is there a simple way to delete MythTV and mysql
completely? I think mysql is the root of my problems, so I really want
to get rid of that properly before trying again. If possible, I'd like
to keep my Ubuntu system set up as it is, but I don't know how wrapped
up in it Myth and mysql are. Maybe I should format and start again
completely and hope that the same problem doesn't happen again? I have
no idea why following the guides didn't work though.

Cheers
Damian