[mythtv-users] New Myth Network Remote Control App for Mac OS X

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 03:10:51 UTC 2007

> "Todd Ignasiak" <ignasiak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I recently made a remote control app for Mac OS X, which uses the TCP
> > socket control capability added in 0.19 (aka "telnet control").    It
> > can be operated by mouse/gui input, and it passes through any keyboard
> > commands to the frontend.
> >
> >                http://ignasiak.googlepages.com/mythremote

Cool! Passes keyboard commands too? All? How fast? Fast enough to do
commercial cutting with the remote system keyboard :) ? Almost exactly
what I've been looking for... just not on OSX ... Is the code/toolkit
used portable enough to get it running under Windows and Linux with
some work?

http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Gallery

> > If others
> > use this, I may clean up the GUI a bit, and maybe take advantage of
> > some of the other myth control features like a selectable program list
> > or time sliders.

Looks slick now, but I'd love to see something like this with a couple
of UI choices as well
Perhaps an MCE-ish one like:
http://www.multimediapc.nl/images/MCE%20remote.jpg
or a tivo-ish one like: