[mythtv-users] Frontend Setup Problem

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 21:04:59 UTC 2007

On 01/02/07, David Lynam <t00cool2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Ive got a backend/frontend goin on a single machine and also have a frontend
> setup. The frontend is connecting to the database fine where I can see
> channel listings and stuff however when I go to watch live TV it give me the
> error " is backend running" or "check IP address" now I have stopped the
> backend and restarted it and still no joy. This error does not appear on the
> combined single machine and I can watch live Tv no problem.
> Any ideas guys??
> David.

Have you set up your backend's ip address in mythtvsetup with a real
ip address (as opposed to 127.0.0.1)  127.0.0.1 works when the
frontend is on the same machine, but not with remote frontends.
Otherwise the most likely reason is a different version of mythtv on
the remote frontend, but that would be fairly obvious from the logs.