[mythtv-users] PMT issue

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Thu Feb 1 19:44:39 UTC 2007

Chris Dos wrote:
> Brad Templeton wrote:
>> I have experienced the same thing.  I thought it might be associated
>> with poorer signal, but it's hard to predict, and it's not recovering
>> if it's a temporary dip, in that if I kill the recording and restart, it
>> will start recording the rest of the show.
>
> It's happening for me as well.  If I tune to a different station it seems to work every
> time, but it's just random at this point if it works or not when first tuning the card.  I
> have a HD-3000 card in addition to the HD-5500, and the HD-3000 is always working.  I'm
> starting to wish I had gotten another HD-3000.
>
> I'm running a vanilla 2.6.18 kernel right now.  I had problem with 2.6.19 and the ivtv
> driver so I haven't moved to 2.6.19.  I'm hoping to move to 2.6.20 when ivtv releases a
> driver that will work under this new kernel.  Hopefully 2.6.20 will fix the issue with the
> HD-5500.  I know that 2.6.18 was the first kernel that supported the HD-5500 and maybe
> there are few bugs in the driver for that kernel version.

Well, I upgraded to 2.6.19.2 again.  The problem still exists:
DVBRec(0) Warning: Recording will not commence until a PMT is set.

I'm submitting a bug report for my ivtv issue, but after that's done, I'll be moving back
to 2.6.18 until 2.6.20 comes out.  Hopefully that will work correctly.  I'll upgrade my
SVN which is week old to current to see if that fixes the problem as well.

	Chris