[mythtv-users] Mythbackend Segfault on Delete - SOLVED (I Hope)

Jarod Wilson lists at wilsonet.com
Thu Feb 1 19:07:14 UTC 2007

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> says:
>> Looks like my problem was with a large (500GB) XFS partition. I saw mention
>> here of some problem that Myth has with XFS.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/175275#175275
>
> Although written somewhat tongue-in-cheek, the message is completely
> serious.
>
>> So I backed-up the files, reformatted to ext3, restored and
>> restarted mythbackend.
>
> Why not JFS?
>
> Yeechang, who uses JFS everywhere he can, including for multiterabyte
> MythTV-dedicated RAID arrays

JFS has some issues similar to XFS. I don't have a problem shuffling 4
HDTV video streams around simultaneously with my multi-terabyte ext3
array, and its never ate data like I've seen XFS and JFS do. Its far and
away the safest file system, and performance isn't so bad with recent
kernels, especially if you have a decent RAID controller.

--jarod