[mythtv-users] placing the DVD player far, far away

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Thu Feb 1 01:43:22 UTC 2007

On 31 Jan 2007, at 20:38, Yan Seiner wrote:

> I have a firewire/USB dvd player that plugs into my mythbox.  I'd like
> to put it close to the sofa, on the other side of the room from the
> TV;
> say about 20' of wiring alltogether.  This is too far for USB....

Firewire will do 4.5 metres (about 15 feet) and can be daisy-chained
several times.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewire#FireWire_400>

A powered hub is less than the cost of the USB-via-RJ45 extender that
someone else mentioned, and I'd have more faith in it myself.
<http://tinyurl.com/2v49ld>

Stroller.