[mythtv-users] Mythtv on CentOS5 with PVR-350?

mythtv at corwyn.net mythtv at corwyn.net
Mon Dec 31 02:30:58 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get MythTV to work on CentOS5

Current setup:
ASUS M2NPV-VM
Hauppage PVR-350
CentOS5, kernel 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5
Yast
Mythtv installed from atrpms

ivtv appears to be configured and working fine. I can run:
cat /var/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg

and play the output using
mplayer  /tmp/test.mpg

mythtv is configured. mythbackend is starting, and mythfilldatabase
works. I can even view the schedule
(which is configured from schedulesdirect.org).

However, whenever I start mythfrontend and select "Watch TV" the box
locks up. I lose video, ssh sessions, and the box no longer pings.

If I try to schedule recording I get the same effect.

I've worked through the guides I can find online (ivtv,
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php) to no avail.

Thanks

Rick

Rick Steeves
rick at sinister.net				http://www.sinister.net

A bicycle sails 			aim-irelandbybicycle
On an ocean of freedom		yahoo-ricksteeves
I am the captain			msn-msdn at corwyn.net