[mythtv-users] HD and cable

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Dec 31 02:21:52 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/30/2007 06:34 PM, A JM wrote:
>> I'm hoping someone on the forum can answer a question for me with
>> regards to HD and Cable.
>>
>> I got a new TV for Christmas, I'm sure I'm not alone, my problem is
>> the TV has a single coax input for HD and cable.
>>
>> I currently do not get HD with my cable, I only get HD over the
>> airwaves and my cable is not digital I'm still old school and so here
>> is my problem.
>>
>> Do they make a product that will combine my HD over the air with my
>> cable from the cable company so that I can combine them on one coax
>> and then feed it into my TV?
>>
>> My other TV I own has an over the air and cable coax input so I had no
>> problem getting my HD and cable into my TV...
>
> Don't you just need a single input on the TV--one for the Myth frontend?

No, still no way to get satellite HD into Myth, and I watch the single
ATSC HD channel available OTA so rarely that I haven't bothered to get
it into Myth. I feed the cable direct into the TV set for an additional
PiP channel.

The Myth F/E feeds the VGA input of the TV, used by itself 99% of the time.

beww