[mythtv-users] Frustrated Mythbuntu User

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 23:18:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm new to this list and I'm getting rather desparate. I'm fairly new
to Linux/Ubuntu also so be gentle!

I recently purchased an hd-5500 card which I'm planning on using in a
new HTPC. I thought it made sense to check it out first by putting it
in my existing Ubuntu desktop and installing Mythbunu over the top.
However I'm really struggling to get anything working and I'm not sure
if my problem is the Myth configuration or the tuner card.

There is more detail over here,
http://pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19432#19432

I think the backend sets up ok and I can scan and find 5 or 6 channels
ok however when I start the frontend I can never see any channels. I
don't think the quide is picking up any info (I'm scanning OTA ATSC
broadcasts) but I don't really know how that works.

Anyway, when I run mythfrontend in a terminal I noticed the following:
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 158
Major opcode: 146
Minor opcode: 3
Resource id: 0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 158
Major opcode: 146
Minor opcode: 3
Resource id: 0x0
Failed to open device

Anyone have any idea what that might mean? I would really appreciate
any help on this.

Jonno.