[mythtv-users] bt878 image quality help

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Dec 30 20:00:24 UTC 2007

OK, after much trial and stupidity I got my bt878 card capturing video.

The problem is that the image quality sucks; it's really washed out.

I remember some time ago (year ago maybe) someone posted their BT878
module options which resulted in a really good image.

Unfortunately I changed over to a PVR150 and lost that config.  Now
that I've resurrected my old BT878 card I would really like to find that
setup, but of course I've googled, searched the archives, and no luck.

ISTR it was a discussion on the relative merits of the PVR150 and the
bt878 chipsets, and the options for the bt878 were fairly extensive....

Anyone have any knowledge they can contribute to reduce the washout I'm
seeing with the bt878?

thanks,

--Yan