[mythtv-users] Probable bug: Category search list

Mike Barnard mike at bleeding-head.com
Sun Dec 30 17:55:17 UTC 2007

    Hello again! I posted this a couple days ago and didn't get any replies. So, either my timing was really bad, or I'm asking an incredibly stupid RTFM-type question. Well, I've attempted to RTFM (both the official documentation and the wiki) and I've turned up nothing. At least let me know if this is a bug, an unimplemented feature that should be implemented (I may be able to write/submit a patch if that's the case), or if this is implemented this way for some reason.

    My question involves scheduling recordings by category search list. The problem seems to be that Schedules Direct allows for programs to be in more than one category, but the category search only displays a show if the first of its many listed categories matches the category chosen. So, if I search for "Documentary" I might turn up a show called "Passport to Adventure," which has its categories listed as "Documentary, Travel, Adventure." But if I search in either the "Travel" or "Adventure" categories, this show doesn't appear.

    This seems like quite a bug to me, but maybe I'm missing something. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.