[mythtv-users] Mythtv using Radeon X300

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 23:54:57 UTC 2007

On 28/12/2007 17:45, Jason Garrett wrote:

> I have a Radeon X300 video card.  Output to the computer monitor looks
> just fine.  But, using S-Video to the TV looks horrible.

S-Video was the same on my X550, anaemic colours and horrid flicker.

> Does anyone have any recommendations for getting the X300 to work?

If you have VGA input on the TV use that. Otherwise, if you have SCART
or RGB input on the TV, make or buy a VGA->SCART/RGB cable e.g.
http://www.idiots.org.uk/vga_rgb_scart/

Then set an interlaced modeline for Xorg
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Modeline_Database