[mythtv-users] upnp streaming from mythtv to pocket pc?

Dave Pearson lists at netsalve.com
Fri Dec 28 21:01:03 UTC 2007

Mike Dent wrote:
> On 23/12/2007, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, anybody streaming content from mythtv to a pocket pc via wifi?
>> I've been trying this with Pocket Player from www.conduits.com and I can
>> see the media files fine on my mythtv box, but when I attempt to play
>> any nothing happens.
>>
>> Thanks for any info,
>> Mike
>>

> Anybody doing this?
>
> Mike

After I saw your post, I thought I would take a look at Pocket Player
myself. I was really quite impressed, but, like you, I haven't been able
to get any UPnP playback from the mythtv box. My first though was that
the mythtv recorded programs were using incompatible codecs, but none of
the avi files or mp3 files on my server would work either.

It does seem to me that UPnP is a bit of a flaky standard - some UPnP
clients will work with myth, but others seem to have problems as can be
seen by the number of posts about it.

Regards,
Dave.