[mythtv-users] XvMC not working with nVidia 169.07 [WAS: New nVidia 169.07 and interlace changes?]

Theng Kiat Ng treblid at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 00:30:10 UTC 2007

On Dec 28, 2007 5:45 AM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I forget my actual CPU (it is an AMD XP one I believe, I think 3200
> but maybe a lower number), and it has no real problems playing HD with
> the 100.14.19 drivers, and no problem with SD with the latest.  And I
> am not using xvmc for SD, just HD.  Wonder why your cpu can't handle
> HD?

I can run the latest driver on my PCI based nvidia card (FX-5200 I belive),
XvMC works. However, on my main Myth machine (running a 6600GT APG), XvMC
failed. The CPU will be 100%, UI non responsive and will eventually
crash....

The same with the beta driver as well (169.04).

So sad, can't try out it's new interlaced modes.