[mythtv-users] Couchville.com

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Dec 27 22:38:26 UTC 2007

On Dec 27, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Sean Goodpasture wrote:
>
>> On Dec 27, 2007 1:20 PM, Harris Newman <harris.s.newman at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Is anyone working on the use of couchville.com as a feed for
>>> schedules for
>>> mythtv?
>>>
>> Why?
>>
>> schedulesdirect.org is cheap enough and fully licensed vs.
>> scraping...
>
> oh, god. I was hoping everyone learned from their mistakes last time
> and would either reply with a simple, "No, not yet." or ignore the
> message.

A quick read of the couchville.com ToS didn't reveal any prohibitions
on screen scraping, although it's possible I missed it.  Legal
documents tend to make my eyes glaze over by the halfway point.  So it
might actually be legal to do so for personal use.  I'm too lazy to
put any effort into such a project myself, though.

On the other hand, that click-and-drag interface is really slick.  Is
that AJAX and Javascript?  I'd love to see something like that in
MythWeb.