[mythtv-users] Backend server problem

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay at softlog.com.au
Thu Dec 27 13:00:43 UTC 2007

John Meyer wrote:

>> does the cmd:
>>   ps -e|grep mythbackend
>>
>> show anything?
>>

> Nope.  I manually booted it up, then changed the mysql.txt file.  Works,
> though there's a bit of a lag between the sound and the picture.

Ok, its not auto starting then. The OpenSUSE 10.3 packages install
mythbackend as a service but leave it disabled. If you go into
Yast|System|System Services (Runlevel) and enable the mythbackend
service it should autostart when you next reboot.

Might have to do the same for the MySQL service as well.

Dunno about the lag between sound and picture though :(

--
Lindsay Mathieson
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album/