[mythtv-users] Use LIRC to run /etc/init.d/gdm restart

Lachlan McIntosh lachlan at directions.com.au
Thu Dec 27 00:16:15 UTC 2007

Ok so I finally got this working, here is the solution that I used as I
couldn't get the existing documented one working on my system.  That's
for the pointers though I couldn't have fixed this without everybodies
help.

Anyway, hope this saves someone an hour to two...

Logged in as mythtv change:

------------------------- .fvwm/.fvwm2rc (key bindings) ----------

Key F1     R A exec /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend -v important,general -l
/var/log/mythfrontend.log 2>&1

------------------------- .fvwm/.fvwm2rc (at end of file with other
exec) ----------

exec irxevent &

begin
        prog = irxevent
        button = Record #I use the Record button but you could use Power
(see /etc/lirc/lircd.conf for your remote)
        config = Key F1 CurrentWindow
end

Restart gdm. Job done.

Now you can use either the F1 key or the button on your remote to
restart the Frontend!