[mythtv-users] Channel X+1 - Records both showings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 19:13:44 UTC 2007

On 24/12/2007, Will Tatam <will at netmindz.net> wrote:
> I'm having a few issues with myth recently. About the same time as I
> retuned my myth box after channel 4 added C4+1 as well as the existing
> E4+1 I started getting duplicates. In the past MythTV correctly
> identified that E4+1 was the same programs as E4, but just an hour later
> and would correctly pick either the E4 showing or the E4+1 showing,
> whichever was the best for scheduling. What it knows does is record both
> showings with the only way to prevent this is to change the schedule to
> be "One showing per day", which removes the duplicates, but does then
> means that on the cases where i need to record the "first look" episode
> of the show and the normal showing of the episode on the same day, then
> I only get one of the two

The most likely cause of this behaviour, is, as Andrew writes, due to
different descriptions for programmes shown on +x channels. It's been
noticed more and more recently that there are differences in
description which causes the duplicate detection to treat timeshifted
programmes as being different.

I'm working on some updates to XMLTV to allow a user to specify using
a timeshifted version of a regular channel's listings in preference to
the Radio Times' own +1 listings. This way, all timeshifted channels
can share the same 'base' information, resulting in much better
duplicate matching.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott