[mythtv-users] freezing with a blank screen

Tobias Ceglarek dev at ceglarek.eu
Wed Dec 26 14:46:39 UTC 2007

Hello folks,

I am a newbie in MythTV but I have much experience with linux itself.
Now I have installed MythTV (both: frontend + backend) on a Mini-ITX
board with a DVB-S from Hauppauge (WinTV NOVA-SE2).

DVB streaming works fine with mplayer: "mplayer dvb://ZDF" (a little bit
slowly because I could not activate the hardware acceleration of my
board yet).

I have configured MythTV and scanned successfully for channels.

BUT every time I am choosing Television in the frontend I get a blank
screen. Then I have to make a cold restart.

After such a restart MythTV is recording the start channel and I have to
delete the schedule e.g. in MythWEB.

What's going wrong?

Please help me.

Regards,