[mythtv-users] Mixing SVN Frontend (0.21) with 0.20.2 Backend

William Munson w.munson at comcast.net
Tue Dec 25 12:55:15 UTC 2007

Tim Litwiller wrote:
> Your versions have to match. Either use all .20.2 or use all SVN

Not just run SVN but you must have the same version of SVN running on
ALL your machines so you need to upgrade code on every myth machine at
the same time. Also, you cannot go backwards from SVN to release other
than by saving a copy of your database and restoring it when you want to
go back. This means anything recorded while running SVN will be lost
when reverting. On the other hand, we are getting close to another
release of Myth so the code in SVN is pretty stable right now and I
would not hesitate to suggest switching to SVN if you are willing to put
up with a few possible bugs. I have been running SVN for a year or so. I
just monitor the dev and commits lists and do not upgrade until the code
is in a stable state, ie. I wait until a few days have passed since a
major commit to allow the devs to fix any errors that crop up. I find
some of the features in the new code are required to be able to run my
system the way I want.

Bill