[mythtv-users] ASUS M2NPV-VM or GIGABYTE GA-M68SM-S2

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Mon Dec 24 04:24:38 UTC 2007

David Fishburn wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2007 1:09 PM, Paul Bender <pebender at san.rr.com> wrote:
>> Ma Begaj wrote:

>> What kernel and lirc versions are you using?
>>
>> I am using a ASUS M2NPV-VM (BIOS version 1001) with a Microsoft MCE
>> remote reciever and running kernel 2.6.23.12 and lirc 0.8.3pre3. I have
>> no need to stop lirc, unload lirc modules or unload usb modules when
>> using S3 suspend.
>
> I am thinking about moving up to this as well.
> Currently I am using the M2NPV-VM on kernel 2.6.18.1, Myth 0.20.2,
> lirc 0.8.1, ivtv 0.8.1, Hauppauge PVR-500.
>
> I was thinking of moving up too the 2.6.23.12 kernel so that I can get
> the suspend stuff working.
>
> Things have changed in the 2.6.23 kernel with regards to ivtv.
> From the ivtvdriver page (http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto):
> ***
>   Kernel configuration
>
> This sections is split in 2 sections as ivtv was merged in mainling
> kernel in version 2.6.22. Because of this kernel confirguration got a
> whole lot simpler. The ivtv-fb module for the pvr-350 has not been
> merged into mainline yet. And will have to be compiled from source.
>
> It is recommended to compile all as modules. Ivtv will not be able to
> load the firmware (yet) if it is build in!!
> ***
>
> So I was wondering what you downloaded and compiled for this.

I have a backend and three diskless frontends.

Since the backend is running on our home server, it is always on. The
home server runs CentOS 5.1. It has the stock CentOS 2.6.18 kernel, and
the MythTV and ivtv packages from ATrpms.

The frontends do not need the ivtv drivers. They run MiniMyth. It has
the 2.6.23.12 kernel, MythTV 0.20.2 fixes through 15087, LIRC CVS
20071217Z, and no ivtv drivers.