[mythtv-users] New nVidia 169.07 and interlace changes?

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 01:27:57 UTC 2007

I think we're talking about two different kinds of tearing here.  Mark is
referring to the kind where you get an effect similar to the bottom half of
the screen lagging behind the top half and during fast motion people appear
torn in half.  What Tom is talking about is (I think) the kind where a person
appears to be cut up into lots of little horizontal strips, only half of
which match up with each other.  The former can be fixed by proper sync
(whether xvideo, or opengl) and the latter either by fixing the refresh rate
(if the video and the display match up both in rate and vertical resolution)
or by deinterlacing.

Alex