[mythtv-users] Anyone using in crontab?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:05:43 UTC 2007

> It's still probably an environment problem.  Try doing this... capture
> your environment while logged in as you are:
>
> env | sort > myenv.loggedin
>
> Then setup a cron to do the same thing:
>
> env | sort > myenv.fromcron
>
> Then compare.

Still struggling with this.

There are many differences between the loggedin and fromcron files.
At this stage I am willing to try anything so how do I make the
environment created from cron have these missing "variables" if I am
running a Perl script from cron?

It appears that in loggedin mode I am using bash but in cron mode it
uses sh does that matter?

Is it possible to mimic what is happening when the Perl script is
running from cron so I can see the error messages being
produced/returned from mplayer etc?

TIA