[mythtv-users] LIRC Send not working with Gutsy

Phil phil at stairbridge.org.uk
Sun Dec 23 10:56:59 UTC 2007

It seems the latest kernel (2.6.22) has broken lirc irsend - possibly by
affecting the timings. The ir led is still flashing but the target
satellite box is not responding.
One solution posted on the Ubuntu forums is to re-record the ir codes.
However I'm using a PVR-350 as IR receiver and it won't detect the UK
Sky transmitter I'm using.
Has anyone got an lircd.conf suitable for a UK Sky satellite transmitter
that's recorded using the 2.6.22 ?
Otherwise it looks like my only alternative is to go back to an earlier
kernel release :-(

Cheers (and happy christmas)
Phil