[mythtv-users] Why can't MythTV just keep recording?

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Sun Dec 23 01:58:24 UTC 2007

In Australia the TV networks are notorious for running over time with
their broadcasts. As such I have my recording profile set to over record
by 3mins.
I was going through the EPG and tagging the programs I wanted recorded
and I noticed that I got conflicts when the shows followed one another.
Fair enough I have set it to over record by 3mins but why does it cause
a conflict when the recording is for the same channel? Why can it not
just keep recording? is there a setting I have to change? (I already
know that I can manually change these conlicted timeings to fix it :-P
but I'd rather it did it on its own)

Any tips to avoiding this issue? I am already planning on getting a
second tuner but it would seem that this type of issue could cause
conflicts even with two tuners.