[mythtv-users] ASUS M2NPV-VM or GIGABYTE GA-M68SM-S2

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:43:26 UTC 2007

I have see lots of posts about the Asus.  People seem to use them with good
success.  I am upgraded my Mythbox due to getting tired of XvMC, lock up
with IVTV, and no suspend.  I want to do my research this time and am
interested in a few things:

1.  Do any of these boards support Suspend out of the box with Fedora 8?  S3
in particular
2.  Any issues with ivtv drivers?  (my current board gets buffer error and
then it locks up)
3.  General suggestions/comments?

On a side note.  Currently i am running a P4 3.4Ghz.  What power savings
will i get compared to a Athlon X2 5200 65nm? (assuming i leave it on all
the time in dollars if that possible.)

Thanks,
Mitchell