[mythtv-users] Reconnecting an old antenna

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:14:06 UTC 2007

I'm not sure that's a better idea. If you knock the tower over because of
the side load you're introducing, you're no better off than if you had
climbed it in the first place.  A tall tower will be much stronger in a
vertical loading condition than a side loading condition.  If you do use the
ladder, you should still check the guy wires (assuming they exist) to be
sure they are sound.  They are what will be supporting you if you do use a
ladder.  If you do use a ladder, keep it as vertical as you can to minimize
the side load at the top.  If you're unsure, tear it down and put something
up you can work on confidently.

/mechanical engineer
//got an A in statics