[mythtv-users] Horrible Audio Problems on Video Glitch

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:57:57 UTC 2007

> Thanks.  These are all great suggestions, and give me something to
> think.  However, I'm still concerned as none of these really address
> the underlying issue:  why does MythTV screech when mplayer does not?
>  I could have the best antenna in the world, but with the right
> atmosphere conditions the video will probably still occasionally
> glitch.

I'm having this exact same problem.  It's gotten so bad that any show
I record on my hd3000, I also make one of my pvr-250's record the
analog version.  It's a really ... really bad sound, and makes me
avoid watching hd.

I started out with this:
http://mythic.tv/product_info.php?cPath=21_30&products_id=48&osCsid=0c4bdbaf495bc371e874ac6a20e7025b

Then I bought this amplified antenna:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103916

I guess its an improvement on some channels, but I still get it pretty bad.

As an alternative to using an antenna, I've been thinking about
upgrading to digital cable and using firewire.  But I've read that its
not the most stable option right now, so I'm leary.

--
Regards,
Bill Omer